Monday, November 1, 2010

Progress

I’ve had an innovative, frustrating, yet exciting experience with Dreamweaver thus far. I have devoted several hours of hard work and creativity into my website the past few days, and I believe it is now safe to say that I am on the right path toward the accomplishment of my first website.
Initially, my main concern was where to even begin. I was not willing to settle for a common, monotonous structured site, so I practiced a bit with trial and error. I began my project by playing around with background color, observing different fonts, and attempting to collaborate my creative ability with Photoshop’s special features. Essentially, I discovered that the more I “played” with Dreamweaver and Photoshop, the more I was feeling not only satisfied but comfortable with the new software. It has come to my attention that constructing my website is not the hard part, but the extra hours to complete the assignment have turned into the enemy.   
As of now, I have the basic layout constructed. My homepage will be of an opened book. This opening feature not only highlights who I am- an English major and professional writer- but also welcomes the viewer into my website, or into the text of Sara Brown. Listed on the opened page of the book are the following categories: Home, About Sara, Resume, Portfolio, Daydreams, and Contact Sara. The About Sara page essentially describes who I am on a professional level. This page describes what I have to offer to potential employers and why I am a marketable, qualified candidate for certain employment opportunities. My resume page includes my objective, work experience, and education background. The Portfolio page includes links to view selected works I have completed throughout my college experience. Each link has a short sentence that sums up what to expect within each selected piece of work. Furthermore, my Daydreams page includes consistent entries of what’s on my mind, or important events that are going on in which I feel are important enough to be addressed. Lastly, I will provide a Contact page that basically offers ways to contact me- through email or facebook.
I am looking forward to seeing what other website projects have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment